Structure of the Fifth Arab Regional Platform
Due to COVID-19 Pandemic, and reduced mobility, the Fifth Arab Regional Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction will be organized virtually. The conference is divided into two segments:
The first segment consisted of six months of virtual consultations. It kicked off in April to September 2021, and covered:
1. Consultations on the main ideas and themes of the platform,
2. Consultations on the Prioritized Action Plan 2021-2024,
3. Consultations with the identified stakeholder groups to prepare their voluntary action commitments,
4. Consultations on drafting and finalizing the political declaration,
5. Consultations on priority thematic issues and organization of thematic events.
The second segment consists of a 4-day virtual conference.
The Platform is structured around plenaries and working sessions. The working sessions are structured around the four Sendai priorities and specific thematic issues and will feed into the country’s statements. The sessions will have speakers relevant to the topic, including national disaster risk reduction focal points, mayors, intergovernmental organizations, technical experts, and other development partners.
The platform is comprised of Ministerial meetings, plenaries, special sessions, working sessions, Ignite stage and side events. The special sessions and working sessions contribute to the plenaries and the plenaries inform the declaration.
Programme of the Fifth Arab Regional Platform
Download a draft version of the programme (in Arabic, English, and French) as of 25 October 2021. The final version of the programme will be available soon.