Call for Applications: Ignite Stage at the Fifth Arab Regional Platform for DRR
The Fifth Arab Regional Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) provides an opportunity for all participants to share lessons and good practices in disaster risk reduction. The virtual Ignite Stage is a special platform where selected participants/organizations will have an opportunity to make a short presentation on a "good practice" or a "success story" in disaster risk reduction.
Objectives: The Ignite Stage aims to widen the array of topics that are discussed at the Fifth Arab Regional Platform for DRR, beyond those presented in the main thematic and special sessions covering topics related to Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change. Establishment of National and local Youth Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction.
Format: Selected participants will be provided 15 to 20 minutes’ time to present on a disaster risk reduction topic, project, or initiative, using the presenting mode of their preference. Presenting modes can include the following: PowerPoint slides, video, game, panel discussion, interactive presentation, or any other means (please describe).
The Fifth Arab Regional Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction will be multi-stakeholder, inclusive, innovative, interactive and will take into account gender considerations in line with the Sendai Framework’s guiding principle of an “all-of-society approach” to pursue the following objectives:
1. Take stock of progress made in the implementation of the Sendai Framework and Arab Strategy for DRR 2030 in the region and reaffirm political commitment to accelerate its implementation.
2. Identify viable approaches and mechanisms to advance the implementation of the Arab Strategy for DRR 2030 and define regional priorities for the following two years.
3. Provide the region with opportunities to share knowledge, experiences, and best practices around selected regional disaster risk reduction priorities and to forge innovative partnerships in advancing the Sendai Framework Targets, achieving resilient economies, and building risk-informed sustainable development.
4. Consult on the Mid-Term Review (MTR) of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction and provide recommendations for the 7th session of the Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction, to be held in Indonesia in May 2022.
5. Promote complementarity and alignment of disaster risk reduction with climate change and sustainable development as well as the integration of disaster risk management in all relevant humanitarian, development, and health sectors.
All applicants interested in participation at the Ignite Stage during the Fifth Regional Platform for DRR, are kindly requested to express their interest by completing the attached form and submit it by email before 10 September 2021 to Ms. Saira Ahmed at her email email@example.com and Ms. Rania Hammad at her email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Ignite Stage Application- Fifth Arab Regional p platform on DRR”. Since a limited number of slots are available, the selection of the Ignite Stage speakers will be made based on the relevance of the content and/or on a first come first serve basis.